Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The land of What-ifs

We live in a land of "what ifs".. what if I hadn't been such a big runner, would I have gotten pg? What if we had tried in our twenties? What if we lived closer to family?  Unfortunately it does us no good, except cause worry and undo stress. 


In Yoga, they instruct us to "Stay in the Moment."  You know how hard that can be..we are always making lists in our head, thinking of what to have for dinner, what is going on at work, etc.  Last night I tried a new Yoga class and the last 30 minutes was a walking meditation.  Meditation is any form of a family of practices in which practitioners train their minds or self-induce a mode of consciousness to realize some benefit.  (source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditation)


That last 30 min was the toughest part of class. 


I'm not sure how to "stay in the moment" and not worry.  I'm still working on that myself.  All I can say/do/offer is to slow down and smell the roses.  Life is short!   


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment