Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

IUI #6

Throughout our journey, I try to think, what have I learned in all of this?  What is the reason for this struggle.  Everything happens for a reason? Nope.

(I know I just posted this, but it's appropriate again).

Nothing worth having isn't worth fighting for.  I truly believe this.

**

Our options for IUI#6 are the following (1) try naturally for next few months (Aug/Sept are uber busy, so the next time we could do another procedure would be Oct)  (2) Follow IUI#5 (same drugs) as we had good results with me and the hubby or (3) be more aggressive with fertility drugs (hybrid (oral and injection) vs. just oral meds) and more monitoring in the hopes of getting more follicles (eggs).

We carefully weighed our options.  July is super busy for me workwise.  We debated waiting until Oct, but we aren't getting any younger and I hate to 'waste' 3 months just because I'm too busy.  This is our top priority at this point in our lives.  So we had to decide between 2 and 3.  In talking to our nurse, she said she would do option 2 as 3 just brings up the costs and really we had 'perfect' results with IUI#5, it just "didn't take" as she put it.  So we chose option 2.

IUI#6 will mirror IUI#5 (hopefully with better results).  Except I don't need an ultrasound on CD3 because the cyst is pretty much gone (yay).   Lets *hope* a new cyst doesn't appear and cancel our cycle.

Cheers to IUI#6!

No comments:

Post a Comment