Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Well hello weekend, it's nice to see you again

Happy Friday - It's almost the weekend!

For us DINKs (Dual income no kids) the weekend is usually filled with rest, relaxation and getting stuff done. Usually a run or two in the warm spring sun (one can be hopeful :) ) and a few drinks here or there.

Which is a good segway to: Do you stop your life when TTC?  No caffeine, no runs, no alcohol? There's a lot on the internet, one can drive themselves crazy.  WebMD has a good list of "Getting Pregnant" tips, however I really think conception is more on chance and God.  Some people conceive on their first try, some it takes years and years, and some never succeed. I hope I'm in the middle somewhere.  Though I am not a Dr (disclaimer) obviously a woman needs to be healthy before conceiving.

I often wonder what will happen when we "stop trying." As any veteran TTCer knows, you get a lot of advice when you tell someone you've been trying for awhile.  One time I'd like to say thanks but no thanks. But no, you, as a good person, listen as they go on and on about decreasing stress, not exercising, not drinking Green Tea (I've been told it's a natural birth control. Really? Maybe I should have been drinking that vs. spending $20/month at Walgreens).  You know they are trying to help so you grin and bear it with a smile on your face.

When you throw in the towel, what happens?  Who do you become? Your a forever DINK. You become the "fun aunt and uncle."  Is that enough?

For now, I will continue my life and if it happens it happens (or so I try to tell myself).  I've heard wine is the cure all :-)

Happy Friday everyone! Any fun plans?


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment