Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HoLiDaYs

So I still haven't started a new blog. Basically I'm just lazy I don't have time.. Ok I could make time, it's just not a priority at this point.  So onward we go...

The Holidays.  Most IF's nightmare. It's the questions, the assumptions, the looks (or the looks you think you are getting) from family, friends and acquaintances you see once a year who ask about life, kids.   I saw a blog post somewhere talking about the boring ole' questions you ask when you see old friends:  How's married life (assuming they just got married), How's the job,  How are the kids?  BLAH.  What about something interesting like, Take any fun trips this year?  What are you looking forward to?   Seems corny I know, but the old questions get monotonous when asked 80 times in the span of a holiday week.

This is the first year we are blessed to be celebrating the work of the last four years.  Celebrating life.  I thank my lucky stars and I hope it doesn't end on 12-21-12  and I wouldn't change a thing we have been through..well maybe if I could get back all the moolah we spent.

How is it going you ask...

Can't complain one bit.  I won't say that I haven't worried and googled a ton, but moving along slowly, we have our 20 week anatomical scan in December (can't believe it's almost 20 weeks!).

This is getting real people.  This may be it for us.

But I haven't forgotten about all my IF friends out there who are dreading the holidays.  I soooo have been there and all I can say is drink.lots.

source

Kidding.  Maybe.  Go on a fun weekend (or day) trip.  Do something different.  We had planned to go to Arizona for the holidays.  Hiking in Dec? Who knew.

That's it for now.

Happy Thanksgiving my friends and famila!  I have soo much to be thankful for <3


source

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment