Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Friday, November 9, 2012

"Lots of people have tried longer than you"

This was said to me the other day.  And it irritated me.   

Some random thoughts about this statement:

~ Yes, I know this.  Really, I do.  We are lucky. We are fortunate and blessed to be where we are.  I also know this and I do.not.for.a.moment. take it for granted.

~ We worked our a**es off with late nights working to make up for Dr appts, lots-o-money (!?!), traveling, emotional heartache every time it didn't work and every time "I didn't respond" to get where we are.  But all in all, for me, getting pregnant was a crap shoot. It just happened to work after 6 tries. Even tho I didn't have the 'optimal' number of follies and the hubby's count was lower than it had been in 6 tries (funny side note: On the day of the IUI, after the hubs count came back, I think we both were disappointed and RE saw this.  He said, as we always say, it makes more room for the winners.  And who'd of thunk it, he was right.)

~IF is a part of me and I'll never "get over it".  It doesn't define me, but it is a part of my life and always will be.

I can't help my feelings, believe me, I try.  I will worry every minute of every day of this pregnancy until I'm fortunate enough to hold that little one in my arms.  Really, I will, but for you my friend, I will pretend it's all sunshine and unicorns and life is grand because, yes, lots of people have tried longer than us.

Cheers to the weekend!


1 comment: