Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Are we "those" people

The hubby and I were talking the other day about TTC, announcing pg, babies, etc.  The subject of IF came up (of course) and the fact that the few times every time I say I'm pg I have to say "but it took awhile" or "after a long journey" to justify the fact that we 'deserve' this pregnancy.   Will I always feel like this?

Who am I to 'deserve' a pregnancy.  Just because we've been through a lot - which compared to a lot of people - is nothing.  So many people have had multiple losses, IUI/IVF failures, surgeries etc.

I've had multiple friends comment that after waiting for so long, everything is going to be just fine, no worries.  Really? I just don't believe that.  I don't believe we 'deserve' this after 4 years.  I think people go through a boatload more and deserve a better shot.

Ya know?  Am I wrong in thinking this?  I think of friends who have battled cancer once..twice..and deserve more than the cards they've been given.

Sure I pray..hope..pray that all continues to go well, but I don't believe we 'deserve' this after 'all we've been through'.  I think we've been given a gift and I will not take it for granted.



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment