Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Living life as it comes...

We went to a friends party over the weekend and found out that the wife is pregnant.  Just 4 weeks behind us.  The judgy-ness in me asks myself how can she be a mother, she can't even hold down a job.  She complains when her husband works OT because she's home alone too much (hence the NO job factor).  But - even tho I did not my place to judge.  Anyway, after saying congrats, that's so exciting, etc, I asked the all-knowing question "How long had you been trying"?  Her response, it happened on their first month of trying.

Sometimes I just don't get how unfair life is.  I mean come on now, on their first try?    I guess it makes sense, she has no stress in her life, she has a gorgeous house, enough money and a good hubby to take care of her.   Sure, this shouldn't bother me anymore, but it does.

All those people out there that would make such.good.parents are still waiting for their baby, and she is pg.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them (despite my thoughts) as they truly are good people but life is unfair.

She asked me a question.. are you over the 'whole mad thing about IF' or can you laugh about it now.  Umm.  What do I say to this?  I definitely had my "mad at life" moments, but I don't think I was an angry person (right..anyone?), I think the hubs and I were just getting used to living without chitlens.   Life is what you make of it.  We were planning trips for Christmas of 2012 (as I couldn't take one more holiday of sad looks from family that I'm drinking..meaning another year of no baby) and Summer of 2013.  We had floor plans to re-do our kitchen.  I was planning on running 2 marathons in 2013.  We were on our last hope of a little one.    ..So what did I say?  I think the look on my face told the hubs to take over.  He said we always laughed at ourselves, we were living life and taking it as it came.  Some couples breakup over this and for us, it made us closer.  If she got pg, then so be it, we were trying, really trying to make it happen, and if it didn't, well at least we didn't go down without a fight.  Great job honey ;) How did I get so lucky.


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment