Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Friday, September 7, 2012

Sweetest Sight

As I mentioned, we went in for our first ultrasound (7.5 weeks) and saw this beautiful sight:


**

The day started early (like normal). We left the house at 6, arrived in Madison on time for our appointment.  I was super nervous, sweaty palms and all. The hubby took my hand and made a joke about my clammy hands.  I think it runs in the family (right mom :D ). It seemed to take forever to be brought back.  The receptionist said the Dr was running late if I wanted to sit (was I pacing? yep.).

The nurse took my BP, 140/100 which is high for me..she asked if I was nervous.  Duh.

The Dr went in as I held my breath watching the monitor.  One really nice thing about the clinic is there is a huge screen for you to watch, unlike my OB where you sit there while they look and you have NO idea what she saw until the Dr calls you back later.  Anyway, she said 'baby is being photogenic, thanks baby' as I continued to hold my breath...waiting...hoping for a tiny little flicker.  And boom, there it was.  She said, heartbeat is right there.  It was oh so tiny, but it was there!  HB of 167.

Relief.  Big Sigh.

Now comes the waiting game.  Waiting, praying that that little flicker continues to grow and progress until 12 weeks where the risk of miscarriage decreases greatly.

I should feel absolute relief but when I got home I googled what the risk of miscarriage was after seeing a heartbeat and saw all the scary, real stories of miscarriage at 8, 9, 10 weeks.  Being a numbers person doesn't help me in these instances.  Miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat does happen and it could happen to me.

For the moment, I am happy and trying to remain calm and await these 4 weeks.   I know I say this a lot recently, but


Cheers to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment