Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Oh Happy Day

<insert me jumping up and down cheering> as I am CYST FREE!  


source


As I'm sure you figured out, the 'miracle' didn't happen for us this past month, so we are onto IUI#5 (sidenote: a baby is truly a miracle, I make fun of myself here from a few posts ago).

So fast forward to this week....I scheduled my baseline ultrasound (A baseline u/s is a check that there isn't anything that looks like it could deter a pregnancy (i.e.cyst!) or any issues that taking hormones would be harmful (again a cyst)).  I left home uber early trying to beat the morning rush but ended up stuck in Madison traffic anyway. Not fun when you're already nervous! So ended up a few minutes late, but luckily the clinic was having a slow day.

I meant to grab my camera to show you all the office, room, etc (for non- IFs) but forgot - of course.

The u/s tech and my fav nurse Nurse K performed my baseline u/s.  First she read my right ovary.  All sounded good until I heard: '15x7 follicle' (and I saw her save a snapshot of that one) which, I know from prior experience, is not good. All else sounded fine on the right as well as the left (from my little knowledge of their lingo). So even tho Nurse K was positive, saying the RE would call, I left feeling uneasy and negative as it didn't sound good.

I drove the looong 2 1/4 hrs home and no call. I called the hubby (who was at work) telling him the - I thought - bad news - that it didn't sound good, sorry, again, my body has failed us.

Then - finnnnnally a few hrs later Nurse K called with great news - we're on track to start meds for IUI#5.  The 15x7 follicle is a hemorrhagic cyst (filled with blood eww) that should pass normally (however painfully) and the hormones will not affect it.

I was so happy I had tears in my eyes.  I know this is just a small step in the process, but it's the first step for us after being benched and I couldn't be happier <3

Cheers!

Next up - 2 appts - one Fri with my normal OB and then next week: CD10 ultrasound (or as I like to call it D-Day - the 'tell all day' that will determine if we will continue with the IUI or not).

No comments:

Post a Comment