Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Friday, June 1, 2012

Baby bellies part deux

If you remember my last post on baby bellies, this one is not any better. So I apologize in advance if this offends you or someone you know but this is my blog and if you don't like it, move on.

 source  (this reminds me of my cousin who I love and who offered to be our surrogate..another post for another day xo)

I bought a Living Social deal for Yoga back in Dec and sadly time has passed so quickly that it expires in a month!  So I finally made it to class last night. and Boy, do I wish I would have stayed home.

I walked in 2 min late, usually not a big deal. Got an evil look from the instructor (supposedly the "guru" of Yoga in this area) as I quickly set up in the first place that I saw.  ...Next to a very pregnant girl (we'll call her J). Augh. (I know life could be worse, but apparently it's a pity party for me this week)

At first I thought, oh how cute, she's probably 6 mo's along and still practicing active Yoga.

Then came the comments between her and the instructor that made me want to scream/cry/leave: "J shouldn't do this" and "J because you just finished a marathon (what?!!) I know you are strong and can do this"  then "J lets work on your hammies" and finally "J the babies head is down, lets try to work on that and opening your hips for delivery in 2 months".

J came back with comments as such:  "Well I still fit in my pre-pg jeans" followed by "I can't do that b/c of all the running I'm doing" and more comments like "running is my thing, yoga comes second so this is tough for me, the belly is in the way"  blah blah blah.

It was 2 hours of friendly exchanges.  I almost walked out 2 moments in class. The first one was after the above where she said the belly was in the way. You don't know how lucky you are.

This studio is new-to-me so I did not know the instructor, but I must have had a sad/mad/sad face on because towards the end when I was thinking of walking out (again) she came over to me and asked if everything was ok. oops, guess I wear my heart on my yoga sleeve.

 For those of you who are not IF, it probably seems like I am making a mountain out of a mole hill as they say.  But honestly, you have NO idea how hard this is and the emotional roller coaster we go through. This was definitely a down slope for me.

**

On the Up! Tonight I'm going to another Yoga class at my favvvv studio for a workshop called "yoga and chocolate".  Could life get any better.. yoga and chocolate.. well maybe if wine we're involved.


Cheers to the weekend. and I promise to *try* to make next week a positive om week.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment