Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Adopted Embryos

Happy Monday! Hope you all enjoyed St Paddy's Day!

So we've been talking about options.  Besides IUI, for us, there is IVF, Adoption, Surrogacy and Embryo Adoption.  All Most are out of our price range.  The most affordable for us is Embryo Adoption.  It's expensive (anywhere from $6k-$15k) but it's supposed to be less than IVF (which at our clinic is ($12-20k)) and adoption ($20-50k for a potential (not guaranteed) adoption).  Basically a couple adopts a fertilized embryo (frozen) and it is implanted in the hopes it will take.

There is a process, you don't just go into a clinic, pick the embryo and implant (which I'm embarrassed to say is what I thought). There is an approval process, a home study, similar to Adoption, then the actual transfer (assuming you were approved). This process can take anywhere from 1-2 years.  But it's quoted as shorter than a Domestic/International Adoption and I'm guessing this would be the least emotional (if there is such a thing when TTC. I am by no means minimizing the emotional aspect of any of these options).  Question is: Do you take the risk..Do I want to wait that long? I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to be 60 when my child graduates from highschool.

Any thought/experiences?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment