Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

D-Day

The two weeks from an IUI to D-Day are the worst. The waiting..wondering.. Every little sign of a possible pregnancy gives hope, every PMS sign causes sadness and let down. Again.

For new readers - We were TTC naturally for 3.5 years.  This is our 3rd attempt at an IUI, (2nd actual IUI).  The first one is "fun." Let me explain - it's the unknown, the first-timer hope that this is it, it's going to happen (even tho the odds are low (disclaimer: I'm not a Dr or qualified to give medical advice)..Our Dr said 14% chance for us). You feel that excitement of Christmas.  Calculate when the baby would arrive, is it a summer baby, NY's baby, will you be pg over the summer (Hot!) and (the girl in me thinks) do you have the clothes for it? and of course *pray* for a healthy pregnancy.

People are quick to give you the stories of their mother's brother's wife who got pg on their 1st IUI, or their sister's SIL who is still trying after the 5th attempt.  All I can say, no matter what number it is, waiting still sucks.  I can say on our 2nd try, all I am thinking is please let this be it.  I'm optimistic, but thinking this isn't it. Again. Gut feeling? ..3rd time's a charm??

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment