Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The strong ones

We watched a Barbara Walters Special on Progeria last weekend.  These kids and their families are amazing.  These kids are something special. A true gift from God.  Barbara tactfully (not really but whatever) asked one of the mothers if she ever wonders why, why did this happen to their child. The mother responded I think it happened because we are strong enough to handle it.  This has made our relationship, our family, stronger.

I looked at FD and said, she's right, I can name many couples whose marriage probably wouldn't have survived the stress this has put on us. Fortunately for us, it has made our relationship stronger. But I'm at the point where I don't want to be strong anymore, I don't want to handle it, I want to be a normal family.

If there ever is a 'normal.'    

I don't want to be all doom and gloom on ya, so lets talk races. I have two planned since we were benched.  A 5K and a 1/2 marathon. The 5K is with a friend whose wedding is in a few months, it will be her first timed race!

Happy running!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment