Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Friday, March 9, 2012

To run or not to run

Anyone who knows me knows I love to run. It's such a great stress reliever not to mention a great workout. I'm not fast by any means, but it's my thing.  I love to go outside in the early morning when everyone is sleeping.  I also love to run with the FD (husband). Almost every weekend (pre IUIs) we were out there running, come rain or shine (or snow!).

The last race I ran was the Marquette half-marathon and it was an awesome race in my home town.  Now, 6 months later I'm getting the race itch.  Callie, The Wannabe Athlete, mentioned a half marathon in Clearwater Fla and it happens to fall on a weekend when we will be there! Callie is a HUGE inspiration (both for running and her life in general), if you haven't already, head over to her Blog.


Despite the IUI next week, I'm debating on whether to run it. If (and it's a big if) I am pg I would only run the 5K, but if not, why not run the full half?  I could start training come 4/1 which should be plenty of time.  Then comes the question, do we then take a month off of IUIs or give it a 5th shot?

Oh such decisions! I have until 4/15 when the race fees increase, so until then I will wait with bells on (or running shoes :)  ).

Happy Friday!!
Cheers :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment