Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

The dreaded Mothers Day

The month of May brings along a lot of exciting things. Spring..Summer is near..May flowers.. and (gulp) Mothers Day.

Happy Mothers Day to those Mothers out there. Happy Mothers Day to my own Madre who is always just a phone call away <3


To IF's it's the dreaded holiday.  The yearly reminder that another year passes and we are still not mothers.  For me personally, I am no closer than I was 3.5+ years ago.  In fact I feel like we've taken 10 steps back (ya know, the birth control and all).  I yearn for the day I can be celebrated as a mother.  But, sadly, it may not happen.  I may just be mother to a fur-child (or two maybe).

We work for things in life.  Work for a living, work for our bodies (whatever size/shape that may be), work for our relationships (friends, family, spouses), everybody's working for the weekend, why can't we work toward a baby (knowing there is an end in sight).  I feel like I/we work and work and work at it to no avail.  I am just now paying off IUI #4 (which was cancelled) and it's 2 months later. That sucks.

How can it be that even Snookie, my fav Jersey Shore cast member will become a mother.  It's a strange thing really.  I see it daily, people that shouldn't be mothers, but somehow God has given them this gift.

I don't know the reasons why and I really try not to question it, but man, sometimes it's hard. Life is hard.  We can't choose what happens to us however we can choose our attitude.  I choose to be happy. No matter what.  I choose to make the most of what I've been given. I'm so lucky in so many ways.  I choose happiness.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment