Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Breaking Down

Most of the time I'm able to shrug off sad stories/experiences...while it makes my heart ache, I try to think of the positive side of things, I try to think of the glass half full.  Last night, I just couldn't.

I've been *trying* to think positive, have hope about IUI#6.  Really, all has went well so far, so why shouldn't I?  Then the hubby said that his friend (and wife) wished us luck for this round.  He said they wished us luck as they had also done 4 IUIs with no luck.  And.they.have.no.baby.today.  

I am a realist. I know that we only have a 20% chance each time we try another round.  I know the odds are against us. So why did this hit me so hard?  I literally had to force away tears.  The hubby went to bed and I watched tv on the couch as I couldn't shake it off.

This couple is amazing.  They are great people, have an awesome relationship, great jobs, a great house, they literally jet off to Paris for the weekend.  I see us in this couple.  While eventually, I would be okay childless (as if I had a choice) and I do love to travel, this made my heart sad.

I still, 12 hrs later, can't shake this off.  Is it a sign that I need start thinking of us as a childless couple?

Idk what to think.  Today, I am sad. Not very good timing.

Cheers.

PS Happy Birthday T, thank you for always being a constant friend and sista <3


No comments:

Post a Comment