Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Friday, July 13, 2012

To Test or not to Test..

I still have days until the 2WW is over.  Agonizing days where I try to go on with my life and not think about it, but really, it's all I think about.  I shouldn't run in the heat, just in case.  I shouldn't have more than one cup of coffee, just in case.  I shouldn't drink my favorite 3:00 beverage, Vodka Diet Coke, just in case (but I do anyway).  Research shows it doesn't matter (for most people) what you do in that 2WW.   Either it has/will happen, or not.

So the question is, do I test early and risk a false negative (and sadness..and stress...and debating when to try IUI#6) or just wait.

Patience is a virtue I do not have.

source

I also hate to waste a $10 test for nothing.  These tests are not cheap! Well, lets be honest, nothing about this process is cheap (for us). So what's $10 more dollars.

I know some people test daily starting 7 DPO (Days past ovulation) up until AF's predicted arrival.  I guess the double line (in certain pregnancy tests) should get darker and darker each day.  While this is great for some people, giving them peace of mind, it's not for me.  I think it would give me false hope.

So do I test early or wait...  What to do....

BTW Today is Friday the 13th. I think I'll skip testing today :D

Cheers to the weekend!

 source

No comments:

Post a Comment