Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Blessed

Blood draw #2: 2272 (up from 603 a few days ago). Yippee!

Let me preface this with a story (why me, always?).  I get to the lab bright and early.  I'm the first patient.  I am called in fairly quickly by a chatty nurse.  We talk about the weekend, her kids and her vacation up north.  All goes well with the blood draw and I ask about HcG levels.  She said, as I expected, they should have doubled from your first draw.  Technically, per my RE, while everyone is different, early on levels should double every 48 to 72 hours.   She then goes into her story about her first miscarriage and how her HcG had almost doubled so they took it a third time and it went down and she eventually had a miscarriage.  Why oh why would you tell me this when I'm obviously already nervous??

Arg.

Despite my nervousness, I got my results 4 (!!??) long hours later.  RE's response, levels look great, still elevated with what we'd expect this early on, but that's good!

Yippeeee.

I am relieved.  *Maybe* Excited. Feel like I can breathe and try to relax until the ultrasound in a few weeks.  A friend said to relax and enjoy the pregnancy.  I am *trying* but it's definitely harder than I thought!

I feel so blessed, I can't explain it.  I know we still have a long 8 weeks to go until it's technically "safe" but it's a step. A good step forward.

Cheers.

source

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, these are my own experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment