Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Traveling with a secret

This week I'm traveling for work.  I'm very fortunate to work from home, however from time to time I get to go out into the real world by traveling to my company's home base.  This week I get to get out, dress up like a normal person and see my co-workers.  While this usually is fun and something I enjoy, this time with my secret, I dreaded it.

The plane ride:  Wasn't sure how this was going to go.  Security!? Nausea?! Turned out just fine.  Our small hub of an airport offered a pat down vs. the normal x-ray screening (which apparently is not an x-ray anymore, but to be safe, I opted out).  Even tho I'm still quite newly pg I wasn't sure if the plane ride was going to bring on some bouts of nausea.  Luckily, nope.  Only con was having to pee on every plane. Normally I hold out but this time I just couldn't!  Lastly, lifting my heavy as all heck suitcase.  Normally I'm a champ and can lift it with no problem.  This time I didn't want to chance it, so I was that girl. Yep, I asked two nice gentlemen to help.  On the way home, I'm definitely checking my rollaway as I'm a nervous nelly it's just too hard with my laptop backpack which is big and bulky.

Co-Workers: No one knows obviously as I'm still to early to tell and there's no need right now to put my boss in a panic, dreading the thought of having to fill in for me for 12 weeks.  Normally having to hide it isn't hard as I don't have a night life here, but this time (of course) a co-worker organized a happy hour for me.  Tonight. At my favorite sushi place here.  Fainting sickness won't work, so I'm pulling the "I'm on antibiotics" old trick and can't drink. As for sushi, I will try to get out of eating, or eat some appetizers.  I'm also hoping noone notices I take bathroom breaks just about every 1/2 hour.

Meds:  This is tricky.  With the progesterone, I have to take it every 12 hours and lie down for 15-30 minutes after taking it as it's supposed to help it absorb.  Definitely puts a wrench in working long nights and getting up to workout in the morning.  This morning (TMI - it's ingested down there) the pill was dislodged and I had to take another one and ended up being almost late for work because I had to lie down longer.  But, I made it work.

Meals: With really trying to eat healthy and well rounded meals this is tough as I eat out 100% of the time.  I am missing my green juices and trying to eat more salads, even tho they are definitely missing some key vegetables I normally eat.  Timing is also tough.  I have snacks, but forcing myself to take a break and leave work early to eat is tough.  Case in point: I left work last night at 6 and didn't end up eating until 8. I wanted to gnaw off my hand I was so hungry.   Today I'm going to head to Trader Joe's in hopes of hitting up their hot bar and getting some good, organic greens in.

At the end of the day, it's more challenging but being healthy and as safe as possible is my number one priority and work comes second right now.  I guess my priorities really have changed, lol, if you have read this post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment