Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Onward we go

Since the first BFP, I've been taking it easy.  Doggoneit we've sure waited and hoped and worked for this for so long so I'm sure not going to take it for granted and press my body too hard.

Exercise:  Basically all I've been doing is walking (2-4 miles a day) or bike riding and lifting light weights, mostly my fav Fit Sugar videos.  I really want to go back to Yoga, but I'm terrified to push my body.  I haven't ran in 2 weeks and I don't see picking it back up, except maybe adding a few minutes of running into my walks IF I feel ok.

Food/Drinks: Obviously no alcohol. Trying to drink lots and lots of water. Still drinking coffee, however I limit it to 1 cup a day (most Dr's say 200 mgs of caffeine is okay).  No espresso (this.is.so.hard.). Trying to eat more veggies, fruits and limit any processed foods.  I have been either eating a big ole' salad a day or drinking a green juice every day.

Vitamins/Supplements/Meds:  My RE put me on Prometrium, a form of progesterone.   Per my RE (and google of course), Prometrium is taken as a supplement to prevent miscarriage.  My RE said basically it helps the placenta form.   He said they usually prescribe it the day of the IUI until pregnancy is confirmed (wish I would have been told this earlier!), so I am starting it late, but better late than never.  I will be on this until week 11 (*hopefully* if all goes well).
I take fish oil 2x/day and also a prenatal vitamin of course.

Will any of this help? Probably not, I've seen many preggers get pg while drinking into the first trimester, eating McD's every day and partying till all hrs in the night.  Does it make me feel better? Absolutely.

As it's still super early, I feel slight body changes but nothing major.  Normal boob tenderness, slight twinges, lower back uncomfortableness. All of which my RE said is normal and to be expected.

So, onward we shall go.   For IFs reading, I know this is probably hard to read/follow and I hate knowing that I am causing you pain.  I 100% have been there and understand <3

As of now, I am thankful for what I have been given.


source

Disclaimer: These are my experiences, I am not a medical doctor nor do I give advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment