Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

To Tell or Not to Tell

Similar to coming out of the IF closet, it's really tough to decide whether to tell family/close friends that your pg before the dreaded "safe" zone of 12 weeks has passed.

To Tell or Not to Tell....

When we first started TTC, I always said I'd for sure want to wait the 12 weeks to tell ANYONE.  The hubby quickly reminded me of this last week when we told our families.

Because I have a blog, my life is pretty much an open book to my friends here :P   I also have a very close knit family.  They know all about our struggles (not at the beginning but they do now), the dr visits, IUIs, the last IUI so they were all anxiously awaiting the results.  So after we received the results of BT #1, we did spill the beans to close family (meaning immediate family only).  However NO announcement on social medias (i.e. Facebook), NO screaming it from the rooftops...even tho that's what I wanted to do.

The pros of telling are obvious, excitement! It's real (kinda)!  Support.  I find myself going to my sister (who has a 1 yr old cutie) for everything piddly (should I eat this Feta? Is this feeling 'normal'?). I find myself wondering how she went through this 2 years ago.  Luckily she had friends that have babies.  I wish I could have supported her..

The cons: if something happens you have to tell everyone the bad news.  But on the flip side, I wanted that support if, God Forbid, something were to happen.

So we decided to tell our close circle.  A decision I haven't regretted for a moment. They have reminded me to take in the positives, celebrate the little victories and (try to) enjoy these moments being pregnant.  And not.to.stress as the hard part is over. Now we just have to wait.

source

Cheers!

**

PS to all my IF friends, don't worry, this will NOT become a pg blog.  I wouldn't do that to my fellow IFs.  IF all goes well through week 12 I will most likely start another blog  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment