Hello and Welcome!

Hello and Welcome! We are just another couple struggling with infertility but having fun and trying to enjoy the journey.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Race Recap - IronGirl Clearwater Fla

On Sunday I ran the IronGirl Half Marathon in Clearwater Florida and it was a great run.


Weather was absolutely perfect, couldn't have asked for a better day (tho probably not for a Fla native. There were ladies with pants, long sleeve shirts and gloves on while I wore a tank top and capris).


My race day morning consists of coffee!! get dressed (glide!), pin on my bib, get my gear on (timing chip, Garmin, iPod) and we're off! (yes that's 2 oreos next to my coffee....bfast of champions ;D )



All of this happens at 5 am. eeek early, but I had to be at the start at 6:30. It was still dark. I was lucky enough that my hubby dropped me off at the start. SO wish I would have had my camera as the sun came up.

As I mentioned, the weather, perfect.. slightly overcast (rained about 8 miles in) and cool.  My iPod: #fail. Died before the race even started. Anyone who knows me knows I do not run without music! When I noticed it was dead I was tempted to quit the race and run home. But I didn't.  So this was a challenge for me.  Luckily the hubby joined in at mile 8.5.  Race officials are usually pretty cool about letting people jump in/out, and of course they were fine,  YAY!  Then my family stepped out (in the rain!!) to watch us at mile 11.50 which was a great surprise!

The medal is awesome (from the site)


My photos (btw in the first pic, the bridge in the background was the 2nd bridge in the race (at mile 11ish. Tough.):




The finish line at Pier 60 on Clearwater Beach (add 1800 women piling through)


Overall, this was a great race. I would do it again in a heartbeat.  The course was well planned out, lots of water stops/gu's, people were awesome, setup/ease of race day was a breeze.  I was bummed that we flew in late and missed the Expo (taken as we drove by the Pier)


This billboard was at the Finish. Great message to finish off a great day!


A HUGE thanks to my family: the hubby who drove me at the crack of dawn on our vacation and who met me and saved me from quitting the race.  My aunt and cousin who stood out in the rain to watch me <3

xoxo
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment